- Observing and understanding the processes relevant for the Mediterranean climate system.
Conveners: Ileana Bladé (University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain) , Katrin Schroeder (ISMAR-CNR, Venice, Italy)
- Climate Predictions and their applications in the Mediterranean region.
Conveners: Silvio Guadi (CMCC, Bologna, Italy) , Kristina Fröhlich (DWD, Offenbach, Germany)
- Paleo-climate at multiple time scales including the human-climate co-evolution in the recent millennia
Conveners: Rachid Cheddadi (University of Montpellier, Montpellier, France) , Martin Finné (Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden) , Eleonora Regattieri (IGG-CNR, Pisa,Italy)
- Detection and attribution of the recent human-induced climate evolution including extremes. Session dedicated to the study of the recent past
Conveners: Philippe Drobinski (CNRS and Ecole polytechnique, Paris, France) , Gianmaria Sannino (ENEA, Rome,Italy)
- Characterizing and understanding the future climate evolution. Session dedicated to the future projections including climate extremes
Conveners: Fatima Driouech (University Mohammed VI Polytechnic, Benguerir, Morocco) , Georgios Zittis (The Cyprus Institute,Nicosia,Cyprus)
- Past, Present and Future change of Mediterranean-type climates
Conveners: Jelena Lukovic (University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia) , Richard Seager (Columbia University, New York, USA)
- Climate change impacts and adaptation in the Mediterranean agro-food systems: challenges, options and solutions
Conveners: Andrea Toreti (EC-JRC, Ispra, Italy) , Elena Xoplaki (Justus-Liebig University, Giessen, Germany), Ana Iglesias (Universidad Politecnica de Madrid)
- Living in the Mediterranean cities in the context of climate change
Conveners: Panagiotis Nastos (National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece), Hadas Saaroni (Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel)